The romance of a latte or capucino while basking on new books pulled frm the shelf is about to disappear into Amazon land.
Several of my favorite hangout Barnes & Noble have already vanished into thin air... If B&N management is listening, I bring to you....
How to SAVE Barnes & Noble:
- Increase your cafeteria size and add more tables and chairs
- Add outlets for customers to plug their devices into
- Drop your yearly membership fee to $12 per year
- Drop your retail prices on books at the store
- Increase the discounts for members
These simple ideas can save Barnes & Noble, or at least extend it's life as it ponders how to defeat the mighty goliath known as Amazon.com and it's virtuos device, Kindle!
I go out of my way at times to visit my favorite B&N in Coral Gables. I can no longer hang out at Barnes & Noble in Loehman's Plaza or Oakwood! Those stores are reduced to memories!
What will I do when the halls of Barnes & Noble go hollow? Where will I escape to on Sunday evenings? Where has this world's sanctity gone?
I'll Miss You Barnes & Noble! Goodbye!
Manny Sarmiento - President
New Media, New Marketing, Inc.